Friday, October 10, 2014

Hanging out with the lions...

Hi, everyone!!

This is the end of the first full week of school we've had in awhile. It actually wasn't too exhausting except for the first half because I had to hand in some work for my bio and English classes.

One of the highlights of this week was the Macaulay Scholars Council meeting that I attended on Wednesday. Since I'm now one of the Macaulay student club leaders, either my co-editor-in-chief or I have to attend each monthly meeting. Besides the club leaders, student reps from each of the graduating classes and campuses were present as well. The meeting was run by Drew Adair, Associate Director of Student Development at Macaulay, who loves hearing our ideas about anything and everything. I'm looking forward to these monthly meetings and getting to see how Macaulay events are planned behind-the-scenes.

And of course, they gave out free food. Macaulay is awesome at feeding us! One more reason for all of you prospective students to apply here! *wink, wink*

What was not-so-fun about this past week was getting sick on Saturday. I just felt so achy and tired and had some tummy issues. It was so hard to get any work done, which sucked because I had 2 major things due this past week. I'm the kind of person who avoids taking pills, but I finally gave in and took an Advil. Thankfully, I felt a lot better that night.

Today was great because I hung out with my friend in midtown for awhile. We dropped by Grand Central Terminal and the NYPL's main building on Fifth Avenue to get some shots for an article that I'm working on.

Grand Central Terminal
One of the beautiful lions in front of the NYPL building
I also bought an awesome grey skirt and tights at H&M! Yay for fall fashion.

I have another food recommendation for you guys if you're ever in the Upper East Side and need lunch for a good price: Elim Deli Cafe. One of my friends introduced me to this place during my freshman year, and I have loved it ever since. They make awesome heroes, quesadillas, wraps, etc. They also have a fantastic buffet of yummy hot food and a good salad bar. I would recommend going there before 2 PM just because much of the buffet food is gone by then (after the lunch crowd has attacked it! haha). They're also great for breakfast food.

One more thing cool thing from this week: We organized a meeting for The Macaulay Messenger section editors this past Sunday, and it was so cool to be on the other side of things. Just 8 months ago, I was one of the section editors, and now I'm running things with a friend. I love progress in life.

Enjoy the long weekend!!

S.

Quote of the Week

“Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is.” 

~ Isaac Asimov

No comments:

Post a Comment