Friday, April 18, 2014

My "Wild" Spring Break

Hi, everyone!!

Spring break is almost over, and I haven't done anything remotely insane or "wild". haha.
I've done some shopping with my mom, which is always fun and takes my mind off of things (like that physics test that I have right after the break. gah.)

My mom and I also paid a visit to the Apple Store on the UWS on Monday because my MacBook charger has been looking kind of messed up for awhile (there's some exposed wiring.) The AppleCare expires in June so I figured now was a good time to take advantage of it. They give me a new charger, and I was in and out of the store within 10 minutes. Afterwards, my mom and I hung out in the area for awhile. We sat around the fountain in front of the Operahouse and did some people-watching for awhile. This is one of my mom's favorite activities. She always makes the best/funniest comments about the people passing by. Nothing too mean. Just clever.
It was a beautiful spring day, and I had a good time with her.

I can't believe it snowed on Tuesday…..only in NY.

Tomorrow, I'll be seeing my middle-school friends. As I mentioned in a previous post, I hadn't seen them for 7+ years until 3 months ago when we had a reunion. We're determined to not let another 7 years go by before we see each other. haha.

Speaking of friends, one of my good friends has been stuck in the hospital for much of spring break because of an injury so I've been a bit worried about him. Life throws the craziest curves at us sometimes. He's supposed to make it back in time for our physics test on Wednesday. I'm already planning to give him a huge hug when I see him. =)

My posts have been relatively short lately. I have to do some more long posts when inspiration strikes me!

S.

College Tip of the Week: Let go of everything that doesn't make you feel good. 

As most of the college tips that I've featured this semester, this tip can also count as a life tip.
What I mean by this tip is that you should only surround yourself with people and things that have a positive impact on your life. Be friends with people who make you a better person, who you're comfortable around, and who respect you for who you are. You should never feel like you're "acting" when you're with your friends. It should all feel natural. If there's someone in your life who is bringing you down (in any number of ways), then you should let that person go. Better sooner than later.

And what about things? Sometimes, we hang on to things that hurt us. Memories for instance. I'm not saying that you should go give yourself amnesia or anything, but you should let go of painful memories. Don't them haunt you.

No comments:

Post a Comment