Friday, April 11, 2014

Central Park Fun

Hi, everyone!!

Spring break has now officially started!!! Today was a beautiful day, and I spent a few hours in Central Park with my friends. I actually spent some time yesterday and on Monday in the park as well. It's beautiful this time of year. The trees haven't really started blooming yet, but the sun is out, and it's relaxing to sit on the rocks and just enjoy some good company. We're lucky to go to a school where we have such a great place to hang out only 3 blocks away.

But back to spring break. I have a physics exam the day that we come back from the break so I'll spend a good amount of time studying for that. Yay.

But I'm also going to make sure to take some time to enjoy myself with my family and friends. It's important to do that.

This past week, I had to talk to my professor about an issue I was having, and he was so accommodating, which I appreciated. You should never be afraid to talk to your professors. They've been through everything that you have been through so they're a great source of advice.

I met with my Macaulay advisor yesterday to discuss plans for the summer and fall. I'll be a senior next year so I'll be taking less classes. I just have some bio electives left to take next year. I also have to take the MCAT next year. Yikes. That's definitely one of my concerns. Another concern is that I'm graduating in just over a year! How did that happen?! Life goes by too quickly.

It's my brother's birthday tomorrow so my mom and I made a cake, and we're planning a dinner for him tomorrow. I like the fact that we still celebrate birthdays. I think it's important for people to have a day where they can feel extra special.

S.

College Tip of the Week: Don't be afraid to take risks.

There will be times in college where it will be perfectly appropriate to take a risk. The risk can be anything: taking a class in a subject that you've never studied before, telling someone that you're in love with him/her, taking a trip to Europe for 2 months "to figure yourself out", etc. Risks keep you on your toes, and they expose parts of yourself that you never knew. Of course, make sure to take this advice with a grain of salt, and don't put yourself in any immediate danger. But every once in awhile, do something just a little wacky, just a little out there. It can be well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment