Saturday, April 12, 2014

Coming Full Circle

It has been a while since I last posted, but I feel like it is fitting to start again. A year has gone by and I've matured and learned so much about myself as a person, here on the cusp of entering senior year. I often think back to freshman days and how they flew by. I would advise all freshmen to enjoy those first two years when everything is new and there's time to explore hobbies, take interesting classes and explore. Not that I don't now, but there is most definitely less time.

Some parts stayed constant, I am still pre-med and a psychology major (to all those starting out, I swear anything is possible after orgo). Others changed, I love the french language and starting to look at projects dealing with public health and children. My friends are still the ones I met freshmen year in all those pre-med classes. I remember the day of the outward bound orientation to Governor's Island where simply bumping into my next door dorm neighbor and heading out together turned into a treasured friendship. I remember back in high school, freshman year my English teacher had us write letters to ourselves. Senior year she gave them to us, and reading my own words again was a reminder of how growth and change we all undergo. I think we all need to be more aware of the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment