Wednesday, April 2, 2014

New Blogger and His First Post!

Hey! New blogger here! My very short introduction, quick tips for grasping opportunities, and more!

My name is Bleron. I'm now a sophomore here at Hunter Macaulay. There's plenty to learn about me, both general and specifics, but here, my posts are aimed at future and prospective Macaulay students, and of course  also to my Macaulay peers, staff, and faculty. First thing about me, I do not live at the Brookdale dorms and YES of course I know it's free (but there's a catch. It's free only for the first two years :P). Anyone reading my posts will defintely know what the commuting life is all about!

First things first, always be on the lookout for opportunities and events. Those Macaulay Monday emails that are sent occasionally on Mondays (rarely delayed to Tuesdays) should be read. A few of my peers have said to me," Oh Bleron, where did you get that amazing opportunity?" My response, "Macaulay Monday emails!" His response," Oh. I really gotta start looking at those emails."

Clearly, I am sure that there are plenty of opportunities in a city like New York, so sometimes finding an opportunity is not the issue. Always have an open eye on them, Whenever you find an immensely interesting opportunity, you have to leap on it like a leopard (not literally!). Make sure you followup after a reasonable amount of time. Absolutely never send a followup the day after you apply. That would be extremely annoying and reduce your chance of getting accepted as these professionals are most likely very busy each day. Give them a chance to read the first email at least! In addition to that, never send a followup email more than five weeks later. Not only did I do this twice, but I lost both opportunities =( So find the opportunity, and make sure to grasp it or put your foot on it so it doesn't escape.

Good luck in your search for opportunities!

P.S. This video summarizes one aspect of college life as a commuter! Breakfast in the morning...



That was just a joke! Is it already too late for an April Fools' joke? #collegehumor

Until next time =)

No comments:

Post a Comment