Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ice princess

This past week has been pretty eventful for me, from free dinner, to free skiing.

I attended the second Senior Research forum for the class of 2013 at the Roosevelt House last Tuesday. Because it was obviously cold outside, we had our cocktail hour indoors in the  foyer/lobby, and then subsequently moved into the Four Freedoms room for the three presentations, ranging from racial ideology, to cancerous stem cells, to the history of the Morgan Library. It was such an exciting night because of the great conversation, the great presentations, and of course the free dinner. Dinner was more amped up since the last time, with new entrees such as fish filet, and AMAZING pasta. My mouth waters in memory! On top of that, it was the SRF with the greatest number of attendees. As a member of the SRF, myself and the other members felt accomplished and completly delighted knowing that our by word advertising, and the legacy created by the first SRF attracted so many attendees. Since our senior class was not lucky enough to have many class events in earlier years, these SRFs are a grewt way to not only celebrate our academic accomplishments, but also a great way to bring the class together before we graduate.

Saturday, I went skiiing on the Brookdale trip to Belleayre mountain. My first time skiiing, I had high expectations for myself , hoping to be able to graduate from the bunny slope to some crazy intense portion of the mountain. Alas, I only could make perfect right turns, but I couldn't somehowmake left turns. Worse, I didnt reslly know how to stop using the wedge formation, but instead, managed to stop when made huge right turns. I did learn how to pick myself up when I fell though in a textbook perfect fashion. Maybe next time, I'll master this pretty fun winter sport. But for now, I'm definitely more of a summer sports kinda gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment