Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Hot Pot and Flushing

I need to keep my promises. My promise to write here just once every week has already been broken, however I am here to start anew. Perhaps I should have some sort of record keeping reward system, where if I remember to come and post something I can go and treat myself to some fro-yo. Or perhaps hot pot.

I've known what hot pot or 火锅 is for a while now as it's come up as a vocab word plenty of times in Chinese, but up until this passed Friday I had never been myself. What is hot pot? It's kind of like main meal fondue - fondue for dinner. It was great. My friends and I caught the 7 train up to Flushing from Grand Central, after school, and had a cute group dinner. It was a lot of fun, and afterwards we walked through a local supermarket and then went to get bubble tea. It was a very fun night which culminated in still being hungry as we passed the 7-Eleven by the dorms and stopping to buy mini tacos.

Now, this is week zero. Next week will be week one; I will treat myself to Pinkberry if I can keep this up until week three. Yay Pinkberry!

No comments:

Post a Comment