Friday, April 20, 2012

Sunny with a chance of a Bio Exam

Hi everyone. =)

It seems like every time there's a bio exam or chem exam all of the pre-med students in Macaulay go into crazy-student mode and get immensely stressed out. Every test feels like a big deal and it really can get overwhelming. I just had a bio exam this past Thursday and as you can imagine, I spent the entire week reading my bio textbook and trying to understand all the little details of the way the human body works. As much as this stuff can make me crazy, I love it and couldn't imagine not having this be a part of my college experience. Biology, in particular, makes me appreciate what our bodies do for us every day. There's an internal war going on every day with phagocytes engulfing pathogens, the heart beating nonstop to help circulate oxygen, and the liver detoxifying all of the junk food we put into our bodies. It's really amazing and I feel like most people don't take the time to really appreciate what our bodies do for us. So in the midst of memorizing how rod cells help us see at night and how B cells are activated, I took a step back from it all and told myself not to stress out and remember why I fell in love with biology in the first place. I find that this is the best way to get yourself through studying. Just remind yourself about that moment you first became interested in a particular subject and what you hope to do with your interest. It puts things in perspective.

This week was exceptionally sunny and spring-like. Perfect for long walks, eating out with friends, and people watching.

Speaking of friends, I don't know what I would do without mine. They keep me sane.

Have an awesome weekend! Mine is going to be a busy one. Yay for writing lab reports and studying for chem tests. haha

S.

Quote of the week:
Ambition is the germ from which all growth of nobleness proceeds.
~Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment