Sunday, April 1, 2012

Presentation, Spring Break, and Unpredictable Events

Hello everyone.

I hope everyone had a good weekend.
Spring Break is so close I can smell it. haha
Just four more days till freedom. =)

This past Thursday, I presented my final project on East European Jews and how they made a living in their home countries and in New York City. My partner said I spoke for 30 minutes straight. (I was supposed to speak for only 15 minutes!) But what can I say? I had a lot to say. :p
The next part of the project is making a webpage to educate other people on what I researched. The final part of the project is a research paper. I have really connected to my topic, and I find it all incredibly interesting.

Recently, I've been thinking about the idea of how easily the rug can be pulled out from under us and how we all take so many things for granted. Nothing is guaranteed in life. You've always got to be prepared for whatever comes your way. But at the same time, you can't get too preoccupied with all the "bad" things that can happen because that's no way to live. This can be a difficult thing to balance for many people.

I also volunteered for the Macaulay Admitted Students Day for the Class of 2016 this past Wednesday. It was exciting to see all of the kids who got in. I remember being in their position just a year ago. It's insane how fast time goes by.


Quote of the week:
“Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresea, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” –Life’s Little Instruction Book

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment