Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Freebies

Yesterday was truly possibly the only day I had as a break this past week. My friends and I went to see the Anderson Cooper show. It was the first time that I ever participated in a quasi live tv show audience, and it was an unforgettable experience. Of course, with my current sniffles and cough, the thing most on my mind was "Dont cough or sneeze while on camera!" I think I literally went though all my cough drops (6, not good!) within the 2 hours.

After the show, I participated in the Zagat review table that they had laid out in a close by location at the TWC. I got my second freebie for the day ( or actually 2): a free t-shirt, and I will have a 2013 Zagat restaurant review guide mailed to my house come November.

To keep the ball rolling, my friends and I kept on wandering the pretty expensive yet beautiful stores at the center, when we came across the Godiva store. After perusing their sale section, we got samples, and I (finally) signed up for the Godiva rewards card, and got another free chocolate. I was on cloud nine!

Yesterday just proved to me once again how you can enjoy the city on a budget, or even for free!! I have once again promised myself to hunt down the best free/on the cheap things to do in the city- I can't wait to have an adventure at least once a week!

After getting home from the mini adventure, I filled out that popular "100 things you must eat before you die" list on facebook. I sadly only ate about 18 of the 100 items on the list! This totally trumped my mini high success from filling out the 15 reviews for the Zagat earlier in the day. In the spirit of reigniting former drives to accomplish old goals, I promised myself once again to try as many new things as possible, such as pho, haggis, alligator, bird's nest soup, etc.

An invigorating day, filled with new promises and great company. What a great break day!

No comments:

Post a Comment