Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hey everybody! Happy March!

February really zoomed by before I could even realize what was happening! I've been busy all week preparing my Opportunities Fund applications. I am applying to Hunter's German Language Program in Kassel, Germany! I'm so excited to continue studying German and hopefully to immerse myself in German culture - and I don't mean just Das Bier!

I am also applying for funds to participate in an underwater archaeological excavation on the island of Menorca, Spain. Menorca is one of the three Balearic Islands (the other two are Mallorca, and the more famous Ibiza.) I would be so thrilled to get fieldwork as an undergraduate but there is no guarantee that Macaulay would fund this type of activity - all I can do is write a brilliant statement of justification and cross my fingers!

The application is due tomorrow, but even after I apply for funding from Macaulay, I have to apply to three other scholarships to make sure I don't run out of money. These next two weeks will be tough. And before I know it, midterms will be coming around....eek!!!

xoxo
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment