Sunday, March 4, 2012

Musings from a New-found Crayfish Lover

Hello everyone.

I had the pleasure of spending my Sunday finishing up a lab report for tomorrow. Definitely not fun, but at least it's done now. I can take a little break. I have a biology test this Thursday which means I'll be spending all week staring at my biology textbook reviewing plant hormones and the nervous system. It's interesting stuff, but it's just a lot that we have to know.

Speaking of biology, I dissected a starfish and crayfish this past Wednesday. I think I was more comfortable with them than I was with the earthworm. haha. The starfish was really cool on the inside. The crayfish was small, red, and had beady black eyes. It had a tiny heart and a tough exoskeleton. My lab instructor liked the way my partner and I dissected the crayfish and had the class come over and look at it. Proud moment. haha. I have a new found appreciation for crayfish now.

We're officially more than a month into the spring semester. I'm starting to feel the pressure and work build up in all of my classes. The middle of the semester is crucial because this is where you learn the majority of the material and have a majority of the assignments due. I'm going to try my best to replicate and even surpass last semester's success.

Quote of the week:

When the world says, “Give up,” Hope whispers, “Try it one more time.”

~Author Unknown

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment