Friday, March 23, 2012

Tenement Museum, Essays, and Spring Weather

Hi everyone!

We've had some incredible weather this week. Thursday was especially beautiful. Some friends and I went to Central Park after chemistry lab and just hung out for awhile. It was nice to forget about all of the midterms and papers that we have to do. Some of the trees are blooming in Central Park and a couple of us girls took a couple of blossoms from the trees. They were absolutely beautiful.
I wanted to spend the entire week outside just enjoying the gorgeous weather, but alas, this is the time of year where all the professors start giving tests and papers. Studying and writing papers takes a lot of time so I appreciate the time I have with my friends to just hang out.

My Seminar 2 class visited the Lower East Side Tenement Museum this past Sunday. I had a great time. It's incredibly interesting to actually see how these Eastern European Jews lived when they first arrived in New York. I can't even imagine what it must have been like to grow up in one of those tenements and get used to a such a new way of life. These immigrants were truly brave people.

The Eldridge Street Synagogue/Museum
                       
The Forward Building

An Old Movie Theater




I have a busy week ahead of me, but the thought of Spring Break is helping me stay positive. haha
Have a great weekend everyone. =)

Quote of the week:

No man is great enough or wise enough for any of us to surrender our destiny to. The only way in which anyone can lead us is to restore to us the belief in our own guidance.

~Henry Miller

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment