Thursday, May 19, 2011

One...More...Week

Just one more week till I get 5 days off! Woo hoo!

Then back to the grind, sort of. At least my summer busy-ness will be entertaining, not stressful and pretty eye-opening. I have 2 summer classes lined up ( Classics 101 and Asian American Woman Writers- I think that's how you call that last class!) to finish up my GERs once and for all! And I'm going to devote the rest of my time to interning at an environmental/marine biology lab at Baruch. I'm really excited for this opportunity because I'll most definitely gain some field experience- can't wait to work with oysters and other bivalves! I'll also will be (hopefully) volunteering at LIJ. A word of advice: apply for summer spots, whether they be laboratories, hospitals, clinics, anything, as early as possible! Spots fill quick. And don't be afraid to use your friends, relatives, friend's parents, and your own ( I did!) to get coveted opportunities.

I should probably go back to doing my online Environmental test ( I have 100 multiple choice out of 134 left, and 5 free response), or go back to studying for Orgo, or Stat, or Bio, or writing up my Bio lab report, or my paper for research. But it's just too nice outside.

That reminds me ( forgive me for my random and haphazard rambling in this post) to pack up my dorm room .Last year, my dad was helping me move out, and he got a huge gash on his hand from moving my refrigerator on a crazy day where you wait for the bins to move out your whole life, and where it seems like you will never be able to bring everything home in one trip. To save myself and my pops the stress and any chance of trouble on check-out days, I have been slowly packing up my room since Spring Break. I moved out my countless cooking vessels, my ironing board, a shelving unit, my useless rechargeable vacuum and some other small knick-knacks. Made my room look 3 times bigger. But I still have a ton of stuff left. I think, in order to productively ( and effectively) procrastinate studying for finals, I'm going to pack up yet another chunk of my room. Biggest question though: Should I defrost my fridge and pack it up now ( we only do have a week left), or wait a week till move out day? Decisions, Decisions!!

2 comments:

  1. Ha - that's so funny, my boyfriend also gashed his hand open when moving my fridge last year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha kaitlyn i just saw your comment!Those fridges can be quite devilish

    ReplyDelete