Thursday, May 5, 2011

Almost done

The semester is coming to a close - which of course also means peak busyness. I kind of like it though, there's something very focussed about the workload. And I've lucked out this semester - out of my four classes only two really have finals, those two are 6 days apart, and only the last one is cumulative. Then I get a whole 5 day break before summer classes being...

I've been having some frustrating trouble with my major though; there seems to be a lot of disagreement and very little clarity about what exactly all the requirements are. I'm currently registered for a special topics neuroscience seminar and an honors thesis seminar, but no one seems decided on whether I have to take both, or only the special topics, and whether I have to take one semester of special topics or two. So it's pretty frustrating, but hopefully the matter will get cleared up in the near future.

Honestly, these kind of issues are one of the main frustrating things that come up in college, at least in my experience. Not that they even happen all that often, but it seems to happen to everyone in any department at least now and then and it's really nerve wracking to not know what's expected of you to graduate. On the bright side, I've fostered a good relationship with the director of my concentration so I never feel awkward emailing him to clarify things, although that doesn't always help as much as one might expect.

And on the really bright side, I'm super excited to be all registered and ready for my senior year! I can't wait to be a senior, even though it's going to be a very intense year for me. I'm also registered for the GRE, and am slowly but steadily gearing up for grad school applications. But first I've got to get through finals...


- Celine

No comments:

Post a Comment