Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Done! ....Sort of

Sorry for the absence of posts. The final month of class is always hectic, not to mention most of us CUNY kids are filled with resentment that our classes go 2-4 weeks later in May than many of the other schools in the city/country. For example, my boyfriend, who goes to NYU, was finished as of 5PM yesterday. At the time, I really hated him.

But right now, I'm feeling good! After a presentation last night and a presentation this afternoon, I am officially done with the "class" part of school - besides sitting through a few more lectures/peer presentations. And this is something which I actually really like - alot of people complain about having to sit through dozens of presentations in class, but I think if students actually did a good job with their research/project, it can be interesting and informative (and easier than frantically taking notes for a lecture or having to do reading for a class discussion).

However, I still have two final papers (one of which is actually almost done) and two final exams (plus a small assignment due tomorrow). I'm trying not to let this false feeling of being "done" get to my head. But it's hard when the weather is so beautiful and thoughts of a weekend trip to Long Island (with my boyfriend, and swimming!) fill my head.

At least we don't go until the end of June, as those of you reading this still stuck in HS have to. But we're all in the home stretch...

-Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment