Monday, May 17, 2010

No longer legally aiding

See this?



That's my ID holder, without my Legal Aid ID. All empty. And that's kinda weird. Like, whoa. Today was my last day (actually, last Wednesday was supposed to have been my last day, but I didn't really do anything last Monday, I would have taken the day off to work on my Law & Lit paper except that was a day I might have had to testify in court, so yeah... I just sat around researching for the paper until it was confirmed that the case was being moved back to next month... point being, I figured I might as well come in one more day to make up for having not really been there one day). Dropped off my ID at the Legal Aid headquarters, picked up my Completion Certificate (I would have gotten it at the closing ceremony but I had my Law & Lit final at the same time as that).

[oh, and the earphone is because I took this picture while looking up different recordings of Shostakovich's 2nd Waltz, which I've had stuck in my head for nearly a week and must therefore get on my iPod, along with the rest of the Suite for Variety Orchestra. Ended up getting the recording that Kubrick, according to Wikipedia, used in Eyes Wide Shut. This is all utterly irrelevant, and you have my permission to refrain from retaining this information in your consciousness].

Other than that, well, there's finals. This is that weird part of the semester where the regular-going-to-school stuff is over, but the finals aren't. Still got to do my Honors thesis (15 pages on translation and authorial intent in Beckett's work), and my Women and the Law exam (which is fun, you just analyze fact patterns to see what precedents would apply). No final for the writing workshop. Law & Lit--well, not feeling terrible about it, but neither the paper nor the test went as well as I'd hoped. I knew I wouldn't do too well on the test, but I had hoped for a more solid paper. It's probably A- material, though I'm not ruling out B+ altogether. I just didn't manage to get any sources. There are five entries in my works cited, counting the text I'm analyzing. Took too long to read Discipline and Punish, you see, and needed to get that done to do a good job reading other sources. So yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment