Friday, May 14, 2010

Just one more week...

This weekend is going to be full of paper writing (and CHC presentations on Sunday, but I'm not counting that - skipping out as early as I can, because my paper is a lot more important). I'm writing a paper for my Sexuality and American Culture class. I think I have a thesis. I at least have a topic: Spatial relations of power - how homes are used in Eugenides' Middlesex and Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter as centers of power (bio-power?) and how the power relations within shape people. This might also include the sense of liberation found with leaving the home in these two novels. And I have to talk about Michel Foucault, probably heterotopias, normalization, embracing the heteronormitive, and bio-power.

Considering how unsure I am, I definitely need my full day at the Baruch library to sort it all out. I feel like it'll be good once I start...

All in all, though, this upcoming week is a lot less hectic than my finals normally are. I have my Freud final on Monday, this paper due Tuesday, and a German final Thursday. I have a creative project due next week, but that's already finished, so I'm not even concerned.

I see cookie baking and knitting in my near future. HOORAY!

Good luck everyone,

-Katharine

No comments:

Post a Comment