Friday, December 19, 2014

End of My 7th Semester

Hey, everyone!

So this is the end of my 7th semester. Oh my.

The first night of Hanukah was on Tuesday night, and for the first time ever, we had an electric menorah!


I took my Jewish history final earlier today. Not bad at all, thankfully.

Then, I spent a few hours with friends at Hunter. I had planned to go see the Rockefeller Center tree, but it was too cold so we just lounged around.

My friend got me a stuffed Corduroy! So adorable!!

Check this video out! It shows the restoration of a Renaissance sculpture that shattered to pieces 12 years ago when its pedestal couldn't support its weight. I have to go see it when I'm free next semester along with the Cubist exhibit that's going on right now.

The Met is just a must-see for anyone who wants to make a few hours of their day more beautiful.

What else to tell you all?

Some thoughts/lessons from this semester:

1. Whatever you want to do, start it!

2. Tomorrow doesn't exist yet. Only this very second exists. Do all you can with it. And yes, it's ok if that sometimes means taking naps. haha

3. Don't give up when things get tough. Ride the wave.

4. Don't be intimidated by difficult things. Break them down to make them easier to get through.

5. See the big picture. Yes, right now, you may be feeling miserable while studying, but you're doing it for a reason. Work hard now so that your tomorrow will be easier.

6. Find joy in learning.

7. Embrace creative/innovative thinking.

8. Give yourself well-deserved breaks from "life." And no. I don't mean taking Facebook breaks between working. I mean doing something that's good for you. Exercise, read a book (for pleasure), dance, listen to music, etc.

9. Plan out your time! So important so that you don't feel guilty that you never got around to something.

10. Have a regular bedtime and waking up time. (This is a hard one! haha)

I will be posting every 2 weeks until the spring semester begins. :)

S.

Quote of the Week

In graphic form.

Courtesy of Examtime.com












No comments:

Post a Comment