Monday, December 1, 2014

The Big Rush

           Well, I've finally reached that time of the year when students start panicking. With there being only 2 weeks left in this semester and finals week coming up soon, I find myself meeting deadlines one after another. I have about 4 assignments due within the next two weeks and who knows why I didn't start them. But even so, I found my first semester at Hunter College to be very relaxing and fun. As a college student, I now get a lot of free time to plan out my own schedule each week. Is it just me or is college more relaxing than high school?
          Anyway, many of my friends have already begun to ask ourselves what we would like to do after college despite the fact we've only just started college! But I am also guilty of that myself. A lot of what we do in college determines how much opportunities we would get to do anything else after college. This prompts us to plan out the next four years of our college lives without considering how much we would change during those four years. Some people have already decided to limit the kinds of classes they take by doing a double major.
           But personally, I think we should all just enjoy the process of taking different kinds of classes in the beginning. We might find different interests due to one class we take and become inspired us to consider a career in a particular field. Although it is good to plan ahead, we shouldn't rush ourselves to finish college at the expense of our excitement. There is a lot that we can discover in college through classes, extracurriculars, and friends. So for everyone like me who is guilty of trying to make college a big rush, let's try to relax and spend the first year finding ourselves within these vast amount of opportunities we have.

~Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment