Friday, December 5, 2014

Black Squirrels and Quiet Fridays

Hi, everyone!!

It's one of the last Fridays of the semester so that means classes will be over by next week and then the rush to conquer finals will begin!

But for now, it's a quiet Friday afternoon, and I have Pandora playing in the background. It's funny because when I first turned on Pandora today, one of Sam Smith's songs was the first to play. I was thinking of him earlier today because he's been nominated for 5 Grammy awards this year! There will probably be a 6th nomination later tonight during CBS's Grammy special. I'm so happy for him! He is truly talented and deserves all of this success and more.

I submitted two poems to be published in the December edition of The 67th Street Scribe, and they were both published this week! Writing poetry is one of my biggest passions, and I love when I get to share it with the world. This club just started this semester, and they've been getting some great submissions so definitely check them out! And for you prospective students out there, this is a great way to get your work out there if you end up at Macaulay. :)

Speaking of getting involved, a club that I've mentioned several times on this blog is The Macaulay Messenger. My partner and I are currently editing the last batch of articles for the semester, and we hope to publish by Monday. Writing for The Messenger is another great opportunity to get your work out there once you're attending Macaulay.

On Monday, my friend and I went to Central Park and spent some time enjoying the unusually warm weather. I love that it's only 3 avenues from Hunter, and I can just head over there when I don't feel like being inside. It's beautiful this time of year in a haunting way. The trees have lost their leaves so the leaves are all scattered on the ground. The sky is filled with clouds and everything is in shades of gray with hints of green, brown, and orange/yellow/red.

Beautiful, right?
A black squirrel that we followed around for awhile. haha. 
Studying us from a tree.
S.

Quote of the Week

“Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.” 

~ Rumi, Masnavi i Man'avi, the spiritual couplets of Maula

No comments:

Post a Comment