Saturday, November 2, 2013

October Faves and November Prospects!

Although I still have to get around to writing the second part of my Chinatown guide, when I did this last month it felt kind of therapeutic, so I thought I would write another end of the month review/beginning of the month hopes type post.

So a few of the things that I have been obsessing over during the spookiest month of the year were music related. There are three songs in particular that I even got on my phone, which are the first three to be downloaded there permanently because I usually just use my old nano. The first, I'll just get it out of the way because even though I love it, I realize not everyone will, is One Direction's new song: Story of My Life. Yes, I like One Direction and I have for a while now. But this song is quite different from their other stuff and it's really worth a listen, even if you have an awful opinion of them. The music video comes out this weekend, and I'm super excited because it looks so haunting and they're going to show pictures of people from their lives. I know it leaked yesterday, but I haven't watched it yet (though Tumblr has completely spoiled it for me). Second is a song by a British Youtube artist who is going to be going on tour with British group Union J in December. His name is Elyar Fox and his song is called Colourblind; the song is just fluffy basically, it's catchy and fun to bop your head to. Third is a very recent favourite, Adam Barnes' She Will Stay Beneath the Moon, which is actually about a year old. Adam is also British and I haven't had a chance, yet, to listen to everything by him, but what I have heard so far I really like. (As you can tell, the theme is British artists.. Usually is, to be honest). There are obviously other songs and artists that I've been listening to, but these three were definitely worth noting.


Another thing that I have been loving this month has been some new make-up that I've bought! If you have no interest in make-up, feel free to skip this paragraph. But essentially my favourites have been Urban Decay's Glide-On Shadow Pencil. I have five of the shades, and I usually do a blend of Rehab and Mercury. I've had a travel sized Rehab since last year, but I've really started using it again this month, which has been fun. In addition, two new things: Rimmel London's BB Cream in Medium and Exaggerate Waterproof Eye-liner in 290 Precious Gold. Now, I know not everyone wears make-up, and to be honest I am very hot and cold with make-up (I'll wear a full face of make-up for weeks straight and then have a few days where I don't wear any at all, or vice versa), but I honestly think one of the most important things to remember about make-up is that you can look beautiful with or without it. I know that sounds horribly cliche and I'm definitely not trying to preach at you, but I just thought I'd put that out there.

Now that we're officially in November, I thought I'd also add a little bit about a few things that I'm looking forward to moving forward. One of them is NaNoWriMo! If you don't know what that is, it's a completely awful form of self-torture and stands for National November Writing Month. It's a challenge to write 50,000 words in one month for a novel. I'm already procrastinating, haven't started yet, though I have a fairly concrete idea and I'm definitely excited. Second is that I'm going to England for Thanksgiving. I'm going mostly to visit my grandmother because I was not able to go during the summer when my parents and brother went, but I'm sure I'll get to see other family too. And finally, I'm really looking forward to more excuses to drink hot chocolate AKA, hopefully, the weather deciding that it wants to do autumn and get a bit colder so that I can drink more hot chocolates. Starbucks' Christmas red cups have just come out again for the season, and I really want to have some Starbucks. So yeah, those are a few things that I am looking forward to this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment