Friday, June 3, 2011

I haven't abandoned you MacBlog!

Now that the semester is officially over with all my grades in (except for the two stragglers), I can finally have a peace of mind. To make things even better, Macaulay held an Olympics and Picnic at Prospect Park. It was a beautiful sunny day with a light breeze. Everyone met up at the Grecian Shelter for food (which is always delicious and plentiful in all Macaulay events) and sign in for people playing sports. It was nice to see everyone again, although to be honest, I haven't had much interaction with students from other campuses except for the outward bound orientation and occasional events held at the Macaulay Building. But the thing I noticed first when I approached the Grecian Shelter wasn't the Macaulay banner and flags, but rather the huge mass of people sporting blue shirts that read "Macaulay Olympics Bring It On", courtesy of CSI.

I was impressed with the aesthetics of the design and the solidarity it presented which made me wonder why Hunter didn't create our own shirts. I got my answer about half an hour later when I counted about fifteen people from Hunter, eight of which were actually participating the Olympics. That is not nearly as impressive as the CSI crowd. After some food, most of us headed across the street to the Parade Grounds for the games to begin.

There was basketball, volleyball, soccer and ultimate. I had a chance to witness all the volleyball games and was pleasantly surprised to find that all teams had a fighting chance at the winning title. Each team showed strength and teamwork, giving high fives, pats on the back and words of encouragement. Even though I didn't get the chance to demonstrate my athletic abilities which have certainly decreased since my high school heydays, I took a shot at trivia. The questions were written by Dan, the trivia master himself, and posed quite a challenge as shown by my numerous passes and elongated pauses to think. All in all, it was a great way to end the semester by uniting all of Macaulay once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment