Thursday, June 9, 2011

next year

dearest readers,

I wrote a controversial post earlier this year about transferring. lo and behold, next year I'll be attending Cornell University for (hopefully) nutrition.

my decision was based on a lot of factors that I can explain to whoever is interested (my e-mail is sarah.c.roger@gmail.com).

the piece of advice I want to leave with readers and writers alike is this: 50% of college students don't graduate from the same college they started at. don't feel pressure to stay somewhere you're unhappy at if you cannot see yourself there for the next 3 years. macaulay has some amazing opportunities and, yes, it's free, but free education isn't something you should feel you owe someone. challenge the situation (any situation). if you're not happy, analyze what is and what is not working and find a place that you think can suit those needs. for me, I needed a campus environment. others need other things.

again, please don't hesitate to contact me if you're feeling uneasy somewhat into the process.
that being said, ENJOY macaulay at hunter and take advantage of all the opportunities and fun things they offer. make the most of it and excel and feel really, really good about yourself.

love and hugs,
sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment