Saturday, February 7, 2015

Sunny Side Up

Hi, everyone!

This post comes to you guys on a Saturday afternoon because I had this bad headache yesterday and only had the energy to write an essay for my WGS class. But now I feel better, thankfully. :)

Yesterday marked the end of our first full week of the semester. These first couple of weeks are always the best because there isn't too much work yet so things are a bit more relaxed. But this is also the time that we get a feel for the impending workload of the class and how to approach each class in such a way that there's enough time to do all the reading, writing, and thinking without becoming a ball of anxiety.

Last semester, I wrote two articles about student life that you should check out if you want some suggestions on how to organize yourself as a student and how to deal with tough days. Here and here.

In my last post, I mentioned that this semester, I want to be aware of my breath and be as present as I can in every moment. Part of that is learning how to eat with presence of mind. For us college students, it's easy to eat bad food or to rush through lunch or even to forget to eat at all. Eating is one of our most basic needs, and if we don't take the time to eat well, then everything else will suffer as well. So one of my other goals this semester is to be more aware of what kind of food I'm eating and to enjoy every bite of it instead of having my mind on an essay I have to write later. I also want to continue to learn how to cook from my mom, the Internet, TV, and wherever else I can. I find cooking to be relaxing and just a lot of fun. It's such a joy to know that I can make something on my own.

Actually, my mom and I are going to make some bread today, which I'm excited about. We haven't done it since the summer.

I've also been really in love with making eggs sunny side up the last few weeks. So yummy in a sandwich with cheese or salsa or whatever else your GI tract desires. haha

Another goal of mine is to continue to dress well and to pick great pieces that really add to my wardrobe. I've been great at doing that the last couple of years and I want to continue because it pushes me to be creative and makes me feel more confident as I take on the day ahead.

What else to tell you all?

Hmm...if you're looking for a new show to watch, definitely check out Empire. It's about a family in the hip hop music business, and it is fabulous. It's no wonder the ratings have broken records. It just started in January so there's plenty of time to catch up here.

S.

For this last semester, I've decided that I'll share one cool/interesting/thought-provoking thing that I happen to run across during the week:

Ophelia Dahl talks about her father, children's literature icon, Roald Dahl and his advocacy of vaccines for children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment