Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Eyes

Hey, everyone!

I was supposed to post yesterday, but I completely forgot to. haha Too many things on my mind.

But here I go with my first post of this new year. It's already the third day, can you believe it? The older I get, the quicker time seems to go. I think it has something to do with being way busier than I ever was when I was younger. I remember how days used to stretch on forever, and now, it's all happening so quickly.

I'm always telling myself to be present in the moment and not rush through it all. It's not a race. There's no big banner at the end and no big award. The award is the journey itself and all of the moments (both big and small) that make it up.

Last Saturday was fun because my second cousins and their mom and grandma came over to our place. I hadn't seen them since December 2002! They live in Michigan and don't come here too often, but they came to visit because one of them now lives and works in New York. It was so great to see them again and to get to know them a bit better. Hopefully, we can keep in touch as we continue to grow older and have our own families.

New Year's Eve was great as always. Good food, watching the ball drop, and staying up late to chat with family and friends.

Cake!
Today, my baby cousin and her family came over. She's 10 years younger than me so I've watched her go from a baby with chubby cheeks to an 11 year old who loves to dance and is infinitely curious. Because we were lucky to spend a good amount of time together over the years, she feels like a sister to me. Whenever we hang out, I revert to my childhood self. We get silly and make jokes and I forget about being 21.

S.

I have to think about what I'm going to feature at the end of each post next semester. Hmm...Maybe a quote in graphical form like I did in my last post? I still have a few weeks to decide.

For now, I'll continue with "Quote of the Week" with the theme of newness.

Quote of the Week

“The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”

~Marcel Proust, In Search of Lost Time

No comments:

Post a Comment