Sunday, November 9, 2014

It's Been A While; and Top Tip: Registration

Sooo..... It's been a while. This is where I could embed a photo of me trying to be all cute and hiding behind my hands in embarrassment. I won't, but we can say I did. I do wish that I could say I have been doing something amazing, like skiing the Alps (I don't know how to ski) or writing a novel (I do have an idea that I love, but the actual writing part of it...). Really, I've just been busy with school and my internship; which, I suppose, is actually pretty good too. I am continuing with the internship that I started in the summer, and I love it so much. My job has changed quite a bit, become less about the legal and hands-on work and more about graphics and design, but that is totally okay with me. I am still working with some clients and still getting to see the inside of the court, but the focus is different now that the organization has more lawyers on staff and law research interns as well.

Top Tip: Registration

Now that spring registration is approaching, however, I just thought that I would come and say something that I think everyone should think about. This semester I'm taking a computer science class, and I'm really enjoying it (for the most part, part of me wishes I'd chosen the more advanced option because I really don't need to learn about how to install software). That combined with my recent work with my internship has really got me thinking that if I had taken compsci earlier I might have been able to turn it into a minor (or even a triple major). It's a little late now, unless I want to be at Hunter forever, but I think it's important that people who do have a little more time stop to think. If there is something that you think you may even have the slightest interest in, do it. Just take the risk and take the class. Or, outside of class, take the risk and do whatever it is that you think you may be interested in. I knew that I wanted to take compsci to complete the non-lab science since I started at Hunter, but didn't take it until this semester and I am regretting it a little. Don't do that. If you get the opportunity, jump on it and maybe you'll discover something that you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment