Friday, May 23, 2014

Ducks and Finals

Hi, everyone!!

It's a rainy Friday night just like last week, and I'm sitting here typing away my last post of the semester. And what a semester it has been. So full of challenges and difficult moments but also filled with a bunch of happy moments. So now I'm officially a rising senior. Ahh! And the summer is ahead of me, and hopefully, it will be a good one. Btw, I plan to post every two weeks over the summer just to keep you guys up-to-date on what's happening with me. I still can't believe I have three school years worth of blog posts on here. I'm going to enjoy reading all of my old blog posts when I graduate.

Last Sunday were the Billboard Music Awards, which I welcomed with open arms because I had been studying for my physics final that day and just needed a break.

Some of my fav performers were:

  • Shakira (Her song, "Empire", is just plain awesome, and she was such a powerhouse when she sang it live that night.
  • J. Lo (I loved her acceptance speech when she received the icon award, and her performance of "First Love". This woman can do it all and makes it look so easy.)
  • Ariana Grande ("Problem" is a great song, and Ariana is the cutest. She's a Disney star who hasn't lost her way, which is super refreshing to see.)
  • Lorde (She's just so different from any other artist right now. I love her haunting songs.)
  • Miley Cyrus (I thought her performance of a Beatles' song was just awesome. I know she does some wacky things, but she actually has real talent.)

The next couple of days, I continued to study for my physics final. Fun times. Right after I took the final, I headed over to Central Park to enjoy the beautiful day. I saw Belvedere Castle for the first time. I've been wanting to go see it for the last two years but never got around to it. My friend and I had talked about visiting it some day so we decided to just see it that day. It's beautiful and feels every bit like a castle. Then, we took a walk through some parts of Central Park that have less people around, and it felt like we were in the middle of the woods. It's the funniest thing. We were in the middle of Manhattan and yet there we were surrounded by trees and the sounds of birds. The best part was when two ducks walked by us when we were sitting on a bench. I think the male was chasing the female. They were the cutest thing. We also saw this cute little robin who was hopping around getting some food. What a great day.

Yesterday, I handed in my final biochem lab report, and today, I handed in the final paper for my other bio class. So now I'm free so to speak. But we all know that students are never free in college. There's always something to be done. But for now, I'm just going to enjoy myself for a bit.

I wish all of you the best summer!!

S.

College Tip of the Week: Enjoy the little things.

College can at times become overwhelming with all of the things that are happening to you (seemingly all at once), but take the time to enjoy those small moments in your life. Like the ducks that I mentioned in this post. With all of the craziness of this semester, I'm never going to forget those ducks, which may sound silly, but those are the kinds of moments that you remember. Or maybe it's the time that you and your friends were laughing so hard in the library that you got stares from everyone around you. Or that time your professor told you that he admires your work ethic. Or that time you got an awesome grade on a paper that you worked really hard on. Or that time your parents came to visit you in your college dorm, and put you in a good mood. Enjoy those moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment