Monday, May 7, 2012

Thoughts on a Monday

Hello everyone. It's a Monday in NYC and I'm trying to keep my head above water as the semester winds down.
It's been kind of rainy lately which doesn't serve to lift the mood, but I guess it's a good thing, because I'm less tempted to go outside instead of studying.
I just spent my entire weekend writing a lab report. Ugh. A couple more of these painful weeks and then I'll finally be free. I'm taking a summer class, but it's a fun one. It's called German Fairytales and I heard it's fascinating. I can't wait.
So last Tuesday was Fall 2012 registration. I got all the classes I wanted, which is great. The only I issue I had was that I couldn't register for Bio 200 for some weird reason. I ended up standing in line for almost 2 hours outside a biology professor's office until I was finally able to register for the class. Registration always comes with surprises.
Anyway, next semester is going to require a lot of work. I'm taking Bio 200 (with lab), Orgo Chem I, Math 150, MHC 200, and Eng 220 Honors. Definitely not an easy set of classes. But hopefully, all will turn out well.
Today, I saw one of old friends from high school, who I hadn't seen for almost a year. It was great seeing her, and it made me realize how fast this year went by. We're all off doing our own thing and trying to make it in this world, but sometimes it's nice to just sit back and reminisce.

Quote of the week:
When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking.
~Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment