Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Another Year Over

This week and next are finals. You know what that means! My sophomore year of college is coming to a close.

It has been a great year. I declared my major and got significantly closer to meeting the requirements of the Psychology honors major. I took a year long seminar, Victims of the Holocaust, which included fieldwork (visiting a survivor every week) that was both academically and personally rewarding. I worked my job as a city EMT full time the whole year, and got a part time job at another city EMS agency. I was recently accepted as a summer intern at a psychiatric emergency room and substance abuse clinic in Queens. All in all, my sophomore year has been productive and rewarding. I am looking forward to taking a nice and slow summer to appraise it all and do a lot of thinking about where I would like to go in the future.

On a more personal level it has also been a great year. Living and working in the city has allowed me to meet so many different kinds of people. I've made lifelong friends at work, at school, and through friends at other schools. It has been an exciting year outside of academics. But I won't go too much into that.

As finals come to a close and I spend long nights studying and hoping I can retain an ounce of the information I need to, I feel at ease that I am in a place of opportunity. Location-wise Manhattan is a great place to be, but both Macaulay and Hunter offer so many great programs, seminars, and courses that really make a difference. I can't wait to see what my junior year holds.


Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment