Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Vacation?

The holidays are over. :( I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

I am not taking a winter class this semester. I did last year, and although it was an interesting class, it was such a pain traveling in the aftermath of the blizzard. I advise all those planning to take a winter class to do so only if its offered online or if you really need to take it. Perhaps you should consider staying at hunter because it was quite difficult to travel from Queens in the snow.

I am planning on using this month to start prepping for the GRE. The GRE is essentially an SAT-style exam for graduate schools. I bought a few books and hopefully will be prepared by the end of this semester because I want to apply to schools in the fall. Most people brush off the GRE because a lot of it is review, but if you are planning on going to graduate school, you should take this exam seriously and prepare for it. I looked at some prep classes and most are around 1000$!! I am not willing to pay that much money. I will be prepping on my own with the help of practice tests. I think that is a great idea as long as I stay focused and actually do the work! (Which may be a bit harder to do without the structure of a class.) But I will devote one day a week to studying and I hope I stick to this plan.

Anyway, I hope you are all keeping warm! The weather is beginning to get very harsh.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment