Thursday, August 26, 2010

Start!

It's the first day of the new semester, and I have half unpacked cartons and clothes lying haphazardly in my room. It seems almost surreal that one year has passed since I was a freshman. However, being back in school is an odd feeling- the dorms are still too quiet and lonely and besides the clustering of old friends, we all tend to shy away from the new faces on our floor. The social dynamic would be laughable if not for the freshman themselves clustering together in an attempt to ward of solitude. It reminds of last year of how we all became fast friends and realized later, after we had found other friends, that we couldn't stand the shallowness of our friendships.

Being a sophomore let's me see all of that, but it doesn't stop me from feeling the same nervousness or anxiety about new classes and new situations. I think this term, full of humanities classes, will be a blessing after an year of biology and chem together. Hope all of you feel the same way about your schedules.

Best at the start of a new term!
-Kunwal

No comments:

Post a Comment