Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hey, Fall 2010

And a big hello to anyone reading this (I'm looking at you, prospective students.) Since it's a new year, I'll briefly reintroduce myself:

My name is Katharine, and I've just begun my Junior year here at Hunter. I'm an English Creative Writing and German double major, and I'm interested in music, film, photography, fiber arts (specifically knitting), fashion, and cooking. Fellow Macaulay students can attest to the quality of my cookies! If you're interested in any of these things, I'm your person! I also spent the past summer in Germany - if you have any questions regarding study abroad or Germany specifically, you can ask me. You can also read the blog I kept during those 6 weeks here.

This semester is jam packed for me, luckily with things I enjoy. I scored an editorial internship with the publishing firm W.W. Norton and Company, which is going pretty well so far. I got to read and write a report on a manuscript yesterday, and an ongoing project is collecting praise from reviews to appear as blurbs in upcoming paperbacks. Aside from this, I'm taking African American Narratives, Workshop in Poetry 1, Hörspiel (German Radio Plays), German Childrens and Adolescent Literature and, since I hope to open a bakery or at least sell cookies online someday, Microeconomics. Nothing yet to report on that front, since today was basically syllabus reading day, but I'm sure Monday will be exciting - all 5 of my classes on one day. Yum.

In any case, I'm excited for my poetry workshop. My professor is sweet, but she takes creative writing very seriously, and is holding her students to a very high standard. This should hopefully weed out anyone looking for an easy A - anyone who thinks creative writing is just fun and touchy-feely and thinks that they won't need to actually work. I haven't written much as of late, so I'm hoping this class really sparks up my desire again.

Anyway, time to cook dinner and get some reading done - homework already!

Bis bald,

Katharine

No comments:

Post a Comment