Sunday, September 1, 2013

Another Year: Some Certainty in the Face of Ambiguity

Hi, everyone!

My name is Chris. So here I am, entering my second year at Hunter and my first year writing for the MacBlog. I read this blog during senior year of high school, a time that now seems so far away. The MacBlog helped make my decision to come to Macaulay at Hunter just a bit easier, so I’d love to be able to do the same for anyone out there still deciding where to go to college. I know people are shy about commenting on blogs, but I’d love to hear from readers and I’d be happy to answer any question I can. 

Reflecting back on my first year at Hunter, I guess I’m entering my sophomore year with a greater degree of certainty. I came to college as a potential political science major, but a year of taking courses in that field made me realize it wasn’t for me. I’ve since officially become a proud English literature major. Still, I can’t pretend I know quite where my life is going. I tend to believe that the more you learn the less you know, only because you discover that there is so much out there you don’t know. I'm not quite sure where my life is going, which can be worrisome at times. Nevertheless, I am happy to be continuing my education alongside a number of close friends doing the same. 

This semester, I’m taking a bunch of classes I’m really excited about, including a course on the Greek and Latin roots of English. I love words so I think it will be great to learn the etymology of words. Plus, it might improve my Words with Friends skills. 

Anyway, I’ll keep this post short since it’s my first on the MacBlog. But I’m looking forward to writing here about my academic experiences, out of class adventures, and potential mishaps or successes. Oh, and I’ll also write about great food that I’ve already come across or may discover as this year progresses. 

Food to check out:

When I came to college I realized how much I like Indian food. Living at Brookdale, I am fortunate enough to live next to a bevy of Indian restaurants. For a quick yet tasty meal, I’d recommend Curry in a Hurry or Curry Express. 

No comments:

Post a Comment