Sunday, September 22, 2013

Greenmarkets and Beautiful Sundays

So I'm gonna be slightly less intense in this blog post than last. It's a beautiful Sunday here in New York, the perfect weather for just lazing around and reading a book in the park or brunch. Tee-shirt, jeans, and flats weather. Unfortunately, I have a lot of work to do so I can't really luxuriate in the beautiful sunny day. However, I snuck a little fresh air in after lunch by going to the Stuyvesant Town Greenmarket. I usually go to the Union Square Greenmarket, but it's not open on Sundays.

For those who don't know, New York is rife with cute little farmer's markets where you can buy organic produce, artisan bread, jellies and jams, cheese, and meat from counties throughout New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and even Vermont. It's a little piece of green in a concrete jungle such a New York. I always feel so healthy and good when I go there. This market was smaller with just 10 booths, compared to the almost 40 of Union Square, but it was cute and quaint. I got ingredients for making dinner tonight (yellow squash and zucchini) and fresh 9 grain bread!

It was also the apple harvest festival today, so there were free apple tastings and over 70 varieties to choose from. I've always loved Macintosh apples because they're the Kindergarten apples (sweet and easy to bite). I found a new apple love in Honeycrisp though. Now I'm going to eat the fruits (haha) of my labors with honey and do my dreaded homework. God, I love fall.

P.S. There's an entire list of Greenmarkets in NYC, which can be found by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment