Thursday, July 21, 2011

Relax and Drink Some Water!

Hey Everybody. I have not posted in quite some time and honestly, I am not that good at this blogging thing. But, as a part of a promise to myself to turn over a new leaf, I will be posting at least once a week on the blog and just writing - not over-thinking! Over-analyzing demonstrates that one can think logically and has an lively mind, but it sure can be distracting at times and really annoying. Sometimes you just have to stop thinking, and that doesn't mean not doing an internship or not taking classes or going on vacation. Lots of thinking can go on during even those leisure times and somehow still make you tired even after time off from commitments. This is the best lesson I have learned during my three years at Macaulay and I thought I would share my words of wisdom (if you can call it that) to those who read this amazing blog. =)

I have been doing a lot of reassessing of my life lately (in a positive way) and I am rather content about how things are going. I am more productive, more motivated and happier than I was even a few months ago. It takes a lot of time to grow to like oneself but it is crucial in my eyes. If you are content with yourself and can accept your mistakes, you will be able to make others happy and do the things you wished you had done but never got around to doing. And trust me, my senior year is going to be filled to the brim with volunteer work and an internship and club activities! But it is also going to have times of meditation and reflection upon how college is almost over and how I am excited for the future.

I have always been happiest when I feel I am getting somewhere and becoming a better person. I guess what I mean to say is relish your accomplishments and relax so that you can move on to the next thing.

I will be blogging more about my life and my activities for those who probably forget who I am because it has been a little while since I last blogged. >.< But hey, I am here now. That's all that matters!

Stay cool during this heat wave and drinks loads and loads of water. There is no such thing as too much water in 100 degree weather! At times like this, I wish New York was like Rome and had fountains spouting spring water on street corners so that we could all refill our water bottles and avoid dehydration.

No comments:

Post a Comment