Thursday, October 27, 2016

I've Never Crammed So Hard in My Life

Hello, Macaulayans! (Macaulians? Macaulayeans? Let's make this a thing, guys)

How are midterms treating y'all? I just finished with my testing today, and guys, let me tell you: I've never crammed so hard in my life as I did yesterday for this test. I had my Classical Mythology (CLA 101) midterm today, and for those of you who don't know: there are a heck of a lot of names and stories to remember.

Who was this guy's parents? Why did this girl get turned into a tree? How did one goddess get revenge on the other? Where was this god born? Why did Hera stay with Zeus even though he cheated on her with literally every available (and not available) woman/maiden/man/youth out there? (Just kidding, that last one wasn't a question, but the answer: Hera = goddess of marriage, so it'd be against her nature to leave Zeus. Zeus, obviously, did not particularly care about this whatsoever.) 

If these questions sound particularly interesting to you in any way, definitely take some Classics courses! I just wanted to take this because, you know, percyjacksonandtheolympians.

Anyways...

Now that midterms are over, I've been stressing out about my schedule for next semester. According to literally all of the upperclassmen I've talked to, even if you have a perfect schedule in your shopping cart and you click enroll at exactly the time your registration opens, somehow your classes will already be filled and you'll have to stress out about finding new ways to keep it.

Thank you, upperclassmen, for your encouraging words of wisdom.

My plan for next semester: 2 English courses, the MHC 15000 seminar, a Political Science course, and a Religion course. I'm going to drown in reading and papers, aren't I? But hey, after next semester I'll be basically done with all of the Hunter requirements except for language (and the stuff that MHC 20000 will cover). Taking classes that have overlap in core requirements/major requirements/minor requirements makes everything seem so much more productive.

Sorry I don't have pictures for this post! I'd put one up of my relieved, "I'M DONE!!!" face after that midterm, but no one needs to see that. Ever.

If you guys still have midterms, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment