Friday, August 15, 2014

End of Finals (published late)

Hey Hunter students,

Haven't written on this for a while because the completion of my junior year was more intensive than I'd anticipated. However, this post finds me happily typing away in an apple store (well- make that sort of annoyedly typing away, because my computer's been working inconsistently ever since a particular pickle juice incident, and I've been in a bunch of times, and could the superficially friendly employees just take the computer in for tests already?!). I finished my Nursing 2 final (surprisingly enough, Psych is my worst area) and my english paper for Decoding Pop Culture. This was such a great class that I will not demean it by only devoting a long parenthetical to it - I loved it. Pop culture is my thing (and arguably, everyone else's, as that is what makes it pop culture) and I loved from the first day that he suggested having Netflix for the class! Watching clips from obscure movies is my dream, and fielding references is also one (sob that I didn't get any Sunset Boulevard ones because I haven't seen it). My professor was nice enough to let me write two Bollywood papers (on DDLJ and SRK, it was so great) and finally I wrote one on the changing image of the nerd. Which may not have been my best work because I think the topic deserves 20 pages rather than 8. Senior thesis, yo (just kidding Nursing you don't write one, you just take honors classes).

Anyway, the end of the year was pretty bittersweet. I didn't realize I had to say bye to my cult of nursing friends until we were all hanging out and my goodbye didn't roughly translate to "ugh see you at 9 am lecture or at the hospital for clinical" but instead to "have a nice summer? I will miss going through rough experiences with you?" I'm glad to be out of Brookdale though, sometimes that place begins to feel like the prison it used to be...

My friend circle has noticeably shifted this year. Can I not retain friends? Do I just change them every so often? Do too many of them study abroad at once? But perhaps it's a good thing, I'm taking either 17 or 20 credits next semester and should begin to hole up.

Finally, I am trying to do all in my power to not take a summer class...but I may end up taking an online one. You can't escape it all.

Happy Summer!

*this was written in May, but not published til now (August)...but there aren't too many summer posts so hopefully it won't be too much of an outlier.



No comments:

Post a Comment