Saturday, January 4, 2014

My Life in 2014


I have not posted on this blog for about two months! But I'm back baby! Boo-yah! (<- this is me quoting The Emperor's New Groove, which I just watched before seeing Kronk's New Groove, compliments of Netflix)

I love winter break, it's the loveliest time of year. What is school?
 I have been relaxing to the extreme. I watched: Say Anything, I'll Be Seeing You, Sabrina, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Catching Fire, Don, Don 2, Rebecca, Suspicion, clips of The Fosters (abc dramas- WHY?! I would love to mock this show, and I do, for it's melodrama, but I also sort of want to know what happens in the winter premiere..sigh), A Cinderella Story, Princess & The Frog, Princess Diaries, The Office and a bunch more I don't remember.

I read: Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight (should renowned assassin of the king's court be with the prince Dorian or the loyal Captain of the Guard???!), the Tamora Pierce "Alanna" series (I wish she would be with George the Rogue instead of Jon the Prince, sigh), Coldest Girl in Coldtown, Eleanor & Park (beautiful, about first love), Some Girls Are...and some others I don't remember. Unashamed teen fiction ftw! Anna Karenina is on my nightstand too, okay!

Otherwise, I've been living at my cousins' houses and DJing music for new years eve parties. Just kidding, I did that for one party, and it's sort of my dream job...DJing Indian dinner music, my calling.
And, we've been playing a lot of card games. The major stress I have is keeping my room clean and applying for externships....so annoying...I hate ordering transcripts and getting letters of recommendation!!!! Agh!!

I'm actually leaving to visit Guyana in a day! I'm going for a week. I haven't been too stringent about resolutions, but I did look back on 2013 and see what good things I changed about myself or accomplished. Mainly, I started exercising for real, I started to love my major, and I told people I loved them more often. Also, when I visit Guyana it'll be my 4th continent in the last year!!!! I visited India, Spain, England, France, Switzerland, Italy, Ireland, Canada & now Guyana! 9 countries in about a year!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!! Flighty restless aunt status in life, here I come!

Happy new years!
Amirah

No comments:

Post a Comment