Saturday, June 15, 2013

Happy Endings

So its well past graduation, and well past the time of saying good-byes at our Macaulay community. I guess with all the hubub in my life right now, I had no other time than now to sit down and type out my thoughts. Also, typing out a good-bye post seemed like an unalterable step in the process of leaping into my future.

Anywhoo...

I must first start off by saying that I am really grateful and thankful for being the MacBlog Coordinator this past year. Reading posts from  bloggers and the comments they would receive gave great views and insight into the many facets of Macaulay at Hunter. Coming to Macaulay at Hunter was one of the greatest decisions of my life, something I will never regret. As I look back, I can only be grateful for all the experiences and challenges I faced, as I faced them not by myself, but with my friends, my professors, mentors, advisor ( shout out to Adrienne!). Macaulay has shaped me into a better world citizen, and I feel blessed to be an alumni of this institution.

Having graduated two Wednesdays ago, and finally seeing my grades on CUNYFirst (*shakes fist*), I am finally starting to realize and understand the gravity of my future. I will be starting dental school at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine this coming August, which was a huge step that I didn't think would ever happen. To help stave off some of the future debt I most probably will be facing, I applied, and was thankfully accepted, to become a Graduate Associate at Stouffer House at Penn.

But, more interesting ( at least I think) is that right now, I type this in Turkey. I will be here till mid July to teach English as part of a South Asian youth program. My stay in this country has been amazing thus far. I now realize why people love traveling- the people you meet, albeit for short periods of time, are some of the most memorable and interesting people you ever meet in a lifetime.
View of a Turkish Flag on Camlica Hill, the highest hill in Istanbul
Overlooking the main space of the Hagia Sophia
 As I sign off from my last post ever for this blog, I wish everyone the best in their endeavors. Never be afraid to break the norm, to pursue the difficult, to accomplish the impossible. Life will be more interesting and rewarding.


Love always,

Jemi

No comments:

Post a Comment