Friday, June 5, 2015

The End

Hi, everyone!!

OMG. My last post ever.

It won't be a long one because I started a full-time job on Wednesday, and I'm already exhausted. haha. It's a great job though. I'm working in a doctor's office as a medical receptionist, and I've already learned so much about how a private practice functions. Did I mention that this is my first job ever? Like ever. haha. I've only ever done volunteer and/or internships that were paid for via the Opportunities Fund. This is my first time actually having a salary and working 9-5 PM 5 days/week. It's been exciting and overwhelming and fun too. I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses! :)

Speaking of work, I had an awesome lunch at Bareburger today. Their burgers are so good! They offer all different kinds so definitely try one out.

Macaulay graduation was the night before I started my job. It was beautiful and just as great as I thought that it would be. (It was in Avery Fisher Hall at Lincoln Center.)

I've talked about this fountain so many times on this blog.
 Definitely one of my favorite places in the city. 
Macaulay building! About to go in and get my honors stole before graduation.
That morning, I also visited my high school and the office that I used to monitor for. It was great catching up and telling them all of the exciting things that have been happening. Every time that I go back there, it feels surreal to have to wear the "visitor" sticker. The four years that have passed have just flown by.

Back to Macaulay for a sec. I'm so incredibly grateful for all that Macaulay has given to me. These four years have been such a blessing. Or more accurately a series of blessings. The Opportunities Fund. My amazing advisors: Adrienne Fitzgerald, Jodi Caplan, and Charlotte Glasser. My seminar classes. My fellow Macaulay students. The fact that I graduate with no debt.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

And a huge thank you to Celine Joiris (Macaulay Hunter '12) who started this blog in 2009.

It's been such a pleasure to tell you all about what's going on in my life for the last 4 years. I now have the pleasure of looking back on 150 posts worth of memories as I continue my journey. You know, it's funny. Growing up, I was never good at keeping a diary, but I never missed a post on here. I think that's because I know that I'm writing for an audience. An audience of prospective and current students and random strangers who come across this blog. (hello, random stranger!)

Thanks for reading. :)

S.

For this last semester, I've decided that I'll share one cool/interesting/thought-provoking thing that I happen to run across during the week:

No comments:

Post a Comment